Library of Psychedelic Research
If you want to dive deeper after reading the info page, below are some good places to start. They are about the status quo in psychedelic research and about safe use and the potential positive effects.
Fortunately, there are more and more sources describing the positive effects psychedelics can have and how to best ensure those come about (and how to prevent negative experiences and after-effects). Below you can find a selection of both news articles and scientific books and papers. Where possible you can read the source immediately, otherwise, the link leads to a place where the source can be purchased.
Disclaimer: this list by no means attempts to be complete.
You can trust that we have read all these sources and have the information contained in them at our fingertips during sessions. Yet we also want to disperse the information, because we believe that it contains important knowledge that should be as widely available as possible. We guess this is another way of saying: You don’t need us to have a good trip – but if you feel drawn, we’re available.
We’d love for you to let us know through the contact form if you stumble upon a good resource we haven’t mentioned here!
Guided Tripping in the Media:
- Guided Tripping. Tripping for Growth 101 (free e-book, to be released in 2021)
- Guided Tripping blog archive
- Sept 6, 2020. The Wisdom Factory: “Joyful Tripping – with Miriam van Groen” YouTube Video
- Jan 24, 2020. PsychX: “Dive Deeper into You with Miriam Van Groen” YouTube Video
- Dec 17, 2019. Jingshu Zhu: “How I Healed Sexual Trauma with Psychedelics (Interviewing My Trip Guide Miriam van Groen)” YouTube Video
- Aug 7, 2019. Escuela Psicodélica: “Psychedelics & Change | Miriam van Groen” YouTube Video
- Aug 5, 2019. Escuela Psicodélica: “How to avoid the BAD TRIP: ¿why it happens? | Miriam van Groen” YouTube Video
- Mar 27, 2019. Truffles Therapy: “A Conversation w/ Miriam van Groen | Truffles Therapy Podcast” YouTube Video
- Jan 27, 2017. The Wisdom Factory: “After show: We are all ageist with Miriam Van Groen” YouTube Video
- Jan, 2020. Jan Magazine: “Interview with Hanneke of Guided Tripping”
- December, 2018. Het Parool: “Triptherapie”
- May 12, 2018. Dutch Vogue Magazine: “Happy Trips” Read the Transcript translated into English here
- June 2019. The Embodiment Podcast “Body tripping – with Andrew Venezia” Listen here
- May 3, 2019. This Thing Called Movement by Marie Janicek “Episode 23: Exploring the Movement of Consciousness with Miriam Van Groen” Listen here
- Nov 2, 2018. Playdaite With Alison LeBrun & Guests “Psychedelics & Personal Growth” Listen here
- Michael Pollan (2018). How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression and Transcendence. Penguin Random House.
- Listen to an amazing 2 hour podcast with Tim Ferriss and Michael Pollan here.
- James Fadiman (2011). The Psychedelic Explorer’s Guide: Safe, Therapeutic and Sacred Journeys. Park Street Press.
- Rick Doblin’s TED Talk “The Future of Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy” Watch Here
- Drugs en uitgaan (in Dutch)
- Tripsit Wiki
As you can see from the headings below, we have no specific content for other types of psychoactive substances like different types of Ayahuasca, San Pedro, Iboga, DMT, 2-CB or MDA. There is also information available about those; these general sources might be a good place to start.
- William Richards (2016). Sacred Knowledge: Psychedelics and Religious Experiences. New York: Columbia University Press. Order here.
- nature.com on treatment resistant depression
- theguardian.com/science on religious leaders
- businessinsider.nl on treating alcoholism and depression
- vice.com on depression
- Directory of ongoing psilocybin research
- erowid.org FAQ
- theguardian.com/science on PTSD
- sciencemag.org on PTSD
- talk by a woman about taking MDMA with her family
- nu.nl (in Dutch on PTSD in veterans)
- step-by-step plan to legalize MDMA (in Dutch – this website also contains reports by users of various psychedelics)
LSD (d-lysergic acid diethylamide)
- erowid.org FAQ
- theguardian.com/film about Cary Grant’s use of LSD
- inverse.com on microdosing
Before and After
Test kits available at
We advise taking 5HTP/L-tryptophan for 1 week and eating foods high in anti-oxidants to prevent or at least dampen the infamous ‘Tuesday dip’.
- Drugsenuitgaan.nl (in Dutch)
- you can buy 5HTP at drugstores or vitamin stores like holland&barrett. Use of this supplement is advised against from 2 weeks before an operation and in case of pregnancy. But if you’re pregnant, you’re hopefully not thinking about using anything anyway ;-).
- list of foods high in anti-oxidants
Further down the rabbit hole: